So, it’s Saturday night and time to get that black dress out of your closets and needless to say vodka. For all those of you who like to dance the night away with glass in hand, but don’t want to feel like the truck run over you in the morning, here’s some good news. Presenting the Top 5 Hangover foods that are sure to have you up and running in no time.
- Watermelon – Alcohol depletes the nutrients in our body so taking up watermelon will is almost a sure shot way of replenishing the lost nutrients. Low blood sugar levels, can have you feeling weak and unsteady – all the more reason for you to eat a watermelon, which is rich in fructose content. The fruit, which is rich in water, boosts the hydration levels in the body as well.
- Bananas – Rich in magnesium and potassium, these two minerals are considered to be lost at an alarming rate when consuming alcohol, so taking up bananas in the morning can actually help you to recover from those lost nutrients as bananas are rich in these minerals. An added bonus is the ability of the banana to work as a natural antacid, which helps settle your stomach and reduce the gassy feeling that you wake up with, post a night of boisterous boozing.
- Oats – Alcohol possesses a diuretic effect that is it increases the excretion of urine from the body. Oats, which is rich in vitamin B, is good for not just your liver, but your mood as well. In addition to this, oats neutralize the acidity levels in the body, absorb harmful toxins and raise the blood sugar levels in the body.
- Coconut Water – Rich in electrolytes, coconut water serves as an excellent hangover remedy. As opposed to sports-drinks, which are carbonated, coconut water is excellent when it comes to hydrating your dehydrated body after a night of alcohol.
- Ginger – Alcohol has the tendency to have you feeling queasy and there’s nothing like ginger to settle your stomach and relieve nausea.
So, put on your heals and get the step right as you have the proper remedy now.
Signing off from the today’s article. See you in the next one!