So, now that we are in the summer months, you must be wondering what to wear in this hot season which is exactly comfortable to wear and fits a bit proper – not so tight and not so loose as well. I wanted to cover a few must-haves for summer wardrobe that will have you looking awesomely stylish without breaking the blank.
In a country like India, we need to break this stereotype that if you totally wear branded clothes, only and only then you’ll be considered a fashionable person which I think is not. Being a fashion advisor, I’ll suggest you to have different pieces of cloth so that it gets easier for you to ‘mix and match’ your clothes and curate a different and presentable look and trust me, it’s okay to wear clothes which are not that expensive. You should have your main focus on styling yourself well and only that matters.
So, I have prepared a list of top favourite picks which I’ll suggest you guys shop for so as to expand your summer wardrobe.
- Sunglasses – Sunglasses are a must-have in these summers so as it not only protects your eyes but when coordinated well with the outfit, adds elegance to the overall look. Shop for a pair of sunglasses which suits your face and budget.
- T-shirts –
Not having proper and desired knowledge about the cloth type and measurements can actually downgrade your wardrobe. First of all, know your measurements well like I wear a size ‘M’. Some other person may be wearing a size ‘L’. When picking up any tee, don’t forget to check out for the washing tips as different clothes have different washing procedures.
If you ask me what to wear in summers, I’ll recommend you to go for Basic Tees, Abstract Prints, Horizontal or Vertical lines T-shirts, Patches tees, Polo T-shirts and OCBD (Oxford Cloth Button Down). Polo T-shirts and OCBD are almost similar and the only difference lies is in the buttoned segment present at the neck in OCBT whereas polo tees just have a winged collar.
The most important tip I would like to give you all is that, next time you shop for t-shirts, make sure that if you’re wearing a round neck tee, the segment of cloth should be close to the neck. Closer it is to your neck, the better the fit is.
The men’s with shorter height should generally go with vertical line tees as they look taller and the ones with less weight should wear horizontal lines as it makes them look broader.
- Khakhi Shorts – Wearing jeans, trousers, chinos in summers can be very uncomfortable so, go for some khaki shorts. They end above or on your knees and are the workhorse of the summer. A lot of shopping websites have quirky and amazing designs in printed, florals and basic designs so, shop your preferred ones for your wardrobe.
- Coloured Chinos – When it comes to men’s pants, chinos are undoubtedly an essential style. As versatile as they are fashionable, these trousers are a must-have for every man. Not just for the casual looks, but they can be worn with formal shirts making them a fantastic item to own.Colour is important but the key is to pull off the chinos. Do you need a tip? Try chinos on and see how they complement your build and height. Chinos should never be too long.
- Lightweight belt – With shorts and summer chinos, you don’t want a heavy leather belt because they are probably designed for jeans. Try going for a lightweight belt so that you don’t feel stuck up in your stomach region. Go for a black and brown/Tan belt as they coordinate with any outfit and usually blend in with any type of colour.Purchase a heavyweight belt for a formal attire and a lightweight one for a semi-formal or casual attire.
- Boat Shoes – They are cosy and comfortable to wear in summers. Pair them with a polo t-shirt and khaki pants and walk the carpet in style. Don’t be one of those guys that wears them with visible socks though. Either go barefoot or if you have sweaty feet, get some no-show socks.
- Sneakers – Sneakers are just called as the New Sandals. These are the shoes primarily designed for sports or other forms of physical exercise but are often worn in everyday use. Try having different colours – white being the most trendy and most stylish. The best shopping websites to buy sneakers according to me, are Ajio, Koovs, Myntra.
- The Fitted Short Sleeve Shirt – There’s an absurdly false rule that you should never a short sleeve buttoned shirt. As with everything goes, all that matters is your honing on in the fit. If you’re a loose skinny guy, go for a full sleeve shirt as it curtains up your skinny body and if you’re a man with a build, go for these half sleeves buttoned shirt. Pair them with your khaki shorts and tassel loafers and let the eyes roll.
- Colognes – Smelling good in summers take a little extra effort, I mean it’s hot out there and you’re sweaty, but a solid fragrance is a great way to overcome the odds in your favour. Lighten up your fragrance arsenal with light, fresh scents that’ll last all summer long.
And, that’s all for today. Thank you for stopping by until the end. Will be writing on ‘ 10 Summer Clothing Staples For Women’ in the next blog post.
If you like the post, do share it with your friends because it’s all about adding value to someone’s life.
See you in the next one!